- From 5% Deposit
- New Build Flats
- Benefit Income
- No Credit Scoring Application for Some Lenders
- Common Sense Underwriting
- No maximum age for residential & buy to let mortgages
- Credit Issues Considered
Shared Ownership Mortgages
At RockHopper, we assist clients purchase or remortgage their Shared Ownership property using a Shared Ownership mortgage.
Clients who get in touch with us to arrange a shared ownership mortgage often tell us they are frustrated that they may have approached a number of high street lenders for a mortgage, only to be turned away in disappointment.
This could be because the lenders they have spoken to:
- Will not lend a sufficient amount for the clients to buy the property
- Require a bigger deposit than the clients have available
- Will not lend to applicants aged over 60 to 90
- Will not consider new build properties
- Will not consider clients with historic credit issues in the background such as missed mortgage payments, defaults and county court judgements
At RockHopper we can look to assist clients looking to arrange a shared ownership mortgage or remortgage, in a variety of circumstances with as little as 5% deposit on their share of the property. For example, if you purchase a 50% share of a property valued at £200,000 then your share will be £100,000 and a minimum 5% deposit would be required i.e. £10,000.
We can also look to assist clients that may wish to staircase up to the full 100% ownership of their property.
We appreciate everyone’s particular situation is unique, which is why we look at every client on a case by case basis. We know it is important to understand the background and detail of each client and rather than asking a computer to make a “yes” or “no” decision, we will speak directly with a mortgage underwriter to review your case in full before a decision is made. Our clients appreciate that this approach gives them the best chance of success when assisting them with a mortgage.
If you would like to see whether we can help you raise a shared ownership mortgage on a property, do get in touch for a free no obligation quotation.