- Pied a Terre Properties
- Holiday Homes
- From 10% Deposit
- Own Use & Holiday Let
- Family Member Occupation
- No Credit Scoring
- Common Sense Underwriting
Mortgages for Second Homes
Many clients contact us to arrange a mortgage for the purchase or remortgage of a second home or property.
They often tell us they plan to use the second home as:
- A holiday home e.g. a weekend property in a national park or on the coast
- A pied a terre in the city e.g. a base in London for family trips
- A weekday base for work
- A home for family members such as parents, children, relations or other dependants
At RockHopper we can look to assist clients who wish to purchase or remortgage a second property.
Clients approaching us often tell us they are finding it problematic to arrange their mortgage on a second home for a variety of reasons, such as:
- They do not have sufficient deposit monies or enough equity in the property to secure a mortgage
- They cannot borrow the full amount they require for the mortgage either due to income or other mortgages and loans in the background
- Their proposed use of the second property is non-standard e.g. the property may be let as a holiday let for part of the year or there may be a part commercial use of the property
- The property maybe subject to planning restrictions from the local authority e.g. it cannot be occupied for 12 months of the year
At RockHopper, we can look to assist clients looking to arrange a mortgage on a second property. We appreciate everyone’s particular situation is unique, which is why we look at every enquiry on a case by case basis.
If you would like to see whether we can help you raise a second home mortgage, do feel free to get in touch by telephone or enquiry form for a free no obligation quotation.