- A1, A2 and A3 Classes Considered
- Above Shops & Offices
- Above Restaurants
- Flats & Maisonettes
- Unusual Properties
- Employed or Self-Employed
- Common Sense Underwriting
Flats Above Commercial Property
We are often approached by clients who are struggling to obtain a mortgage for a flat in a block, where there may be commercial property on the ground floor, or a purpose built flat which is above commercial property.
Typically, we can look to assist with flats above commercial properties with various usage classes:
- A1 – Shops – Retail use such as clothing shops, hairdressers, travel agents (no hot food)
- A2 – Financial and Professional Services – Banks, accountants, solicitors (non-medical)
- A3 – Food and Drink – Bars, restaurants, fast food or take away outlets
Clients typically tell us that they may have approached their Bank or Building Society to obtain a mortgage on a flat above commercial property, only to be declined when the valuer visits the property and deems it unsuitable for the lender.Read More >>
This can often cause a lot of frustration, wasted time and of course costs money for the property valuation.
At RockHopper we can look to assist clients looking to arrange a mortgage on a flat above commercial property. We appreciate everyone’s particular situation is unique, which is why we look at every enquiry on a case by case basis.
If you would like to see whether we can help you raise a mortgage on a flat above commercial property, do get in touch for a free no obligation quotation.