Mortgages for Unusual Property
We are often approached by clients who are struggling to obtain a mortgage for an unusual property. Typical types of non standard properties we can look to assist with are:
- Grade I or Grade II listed property
- Timber framed or timber clad
- Thatched properties
- Unique properties e.g. church conversions, lighthouse conversions etc.
- Semi commercial properties
- Part owner occupied/part let properties
- Properties with flat roofs
Clients typically tell us that they may have approached their Bank or Building Society to obtain a mortgage on an unusual property, only to be declined when the valuer visits the property and deems it unsuitable for the lender.
This can often cause a lot of frustration, wasted time and of course costs money for the property valuation.
At RockHopper we can look to assist clients looking to arrange a mortgage on an unusual property.
We appreciate everyone’s particular situation is unique, which is why we look at every enquiry on a case by case basis.
If you would like to see whether we can help you raise a mortgage on an unusual property, do get in touch for a free no obligation quotation.